Yonkers – a city that is located in close proximity to the Big Apple, so he closed the New York and underestimates the visitors. Nevertheless, there are plenty of leisure options for the traveler who decides to visit the city. Yonkers boasts interesting museums, squares and gardens, and offers a variety of options for dining, shopping and entertainment. So let's see an overview of the most popular places to visit in the city (listed in no particular order).
1. Park Tibbetts Brook: Park – an oasis of green in the city, and he is very well organized. You can fall in love with a variety of sports and outdoor activities; you can play basketball on the courts or watch a baseball game. You can also go hiking on nearby trails or fishing, so I think that your need outdoor satisfied.
2. Amphitheater Hudson Here you can absorb a large number of cultures, as well as to capture a beautiful view of the adjacent river. In the amphitheater there are many performances and shows from movies to Shakespeare n & # 39; the EU, there is always something for everyone.
3. Glenview House (1877) and the estate Phillips (one thousand six hundred eighty-two): You can appreciate the antique Yonkers, visiting two historical museums. You can see perfectly preserved decor and objects, as well as to admire the traditional architecture of its own or with a guide. Are you sure you feel that you have gone through a time machine and ended up there.
4. Hudson River Museum: if you do not get the correction history of the houses, the museum will definitely satisfy you. You can admire the art gallery and learn a lot about the local history of the site. Located near the planetarium and the aforementioned Glenview mansion, and is highly recommended to visit.
5. Parks and gardens Untermyer: Gardens should be if you are a romantic, nature-lover or just want to make memorable pictures in an idyllic location. Local vegetation is represented in the thematic areas and decorations include an amphitheater, a statue and a pavilion.
6. Casino Empire City Casino – a must for those of you who has a flair for gambling. It presents a large variety of electronic and conventional casino games, a restaurant, live shows and horse riding at a local track.
7. iFly Center: mandatory for fans of extreme sports. The main center of attraction with the & # 39 is that it offers to simulate the experience of parachuting. If you ever wanted to fly and they were afraid, now is your chance to experience skydiving in a safe and fun manner.
8. Shopping Center Ridge Hill and Cross County: Both sites – shopping malls and offer a variety of shopping options; from local shops to department stores with different brands and adapted to all budgets. In the summer months in these locations are activities, Var & # 39; iruyutstsa from movies to live concerts.
From shopping to adventure and romantic walks on the cultural escapade in Yonkers all there, so the next time you think to travel, why do not you visit the Yonkers? I am sure that the city will make an unforgettable holiday.